Monday, February 13, 2006

14 Weeks & Counting

It's been exactly 14 weeks (98 days) since FX was shot by those savage Philippine policemen. It's been quiet in the news and after meeting up with some of my classmates this past weekend, no one has any news of whether justice will be served in this case. Word is justice will be served in 2 weeks, but that same saying has been said every 2 weeks for the past few weeks.

Nevertheless, I and the many classmates, friends, family, Filipinos and non-Filipinos continue to pray and hope. 14 weeks... and I still continue to receive numerous e-mails of support from amazing strangers who follow this blog. 14 weeks... and I've come to learn that Angelo Reyes, Augusto Angcanan, Joseph Orsos and those 10 TMG must never be trusted. 14 weeks... and justice for FX has not been served. 14 weeks... and we continue with our lives, but continue to miss FX.

By the way, in case you need to be reminded, here are the name of those 10 TMG corrupt officers:

- Henry Cerdon ("suspected" murderer)
- Hansel Marantan ("suspected" murderer)
- Samson Belmonte ("suspected" murderer - Here's your medal for murdering innocent civilians.")
- Lloyd Soria ("suspected" murderer)
- Rizalito Ramos ("suspected" murderer)
- Dexter Bernadas ("suspected" murderer)
- Jesus Fermin ("suspected" murderer)
- Sonny Robrigado ("suspected" murderer)
- Fernando Gapuz ("suspected" murderer)
- Josel Rey Lucena ("suspected" murderer)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Lets just continue to pray for Justice. Hopefully, these 10 TMG's together with Reyes, Ancanan, Lumibao will go DOWN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 AM

    I never knew the guy personally, but I heard he was a good friend, coming from my friends’s statement. I crossed with him once, during a Malate nite-out that time he and her girlfriend was just in a middle of a fight, I don’t know much about him but only judging from what my friend is saying about him, I think he is a modest sensible guy. Little rough looking and outgoing on the outside, but caressing I think when I saw him took care of everything during her girlfriend’s birthday party. After that, I never saw him again.

    It’s hard to ask for justice in our nation when everything else is stinking down the drain, not a single system functions, even a simple logic errs, rules of engagement for cops? Far fetched. And SOCO operating under the TMG management. So as much as I want to see the awe in the murderer’ eyes as they beg forgiveness, I leave it to Him to do mend and judge about it, sad to say that it really stinks a lot in our country, everyone can get off easily, it has sunk into our veins that Injustice is a daily occurrence in the Philippines. If only everyone….(sigh)

    Sometimes the simplest judgment (they make) fails me, 10 against 3, windows closed, bullet trajectory, police casualty:none, suspect:terminated and a 15 minute video to tell it all against even-a child-can-make-a-positive-paraffin-test. I’m not a lawyer but there’s got to be some reasonable doubt in there. I used the word reasonable to dilute my point in evenhandedness with the cops suspect. Anyway it’s been a year I think since this case happened, I hope Justice for once can be served against cops. Killer cops is an ugly thing to hear when this case is not pursued.

    I pray because He can do something about it. Our filthy government cannot.

    ReplyDelete